The Backstreet Boys were my first concert as a wee kiddo. Our seats were in a higher level. I can still remember my uncle walking me down to one of the lower levels and putting me up on his shoulders so I could have a clear view of the boys that rocked my musical world. I grew up with them. Their CDs were the soundtrack that blared in my room on repeat. Nick Carter was the man I was destined to end up with (we’d get past the whole “millions of girls screaming for him” thing).
I still can’t help but sing along with every word whenever a Backstreet Boy song comes on even now at the age of 28. When I heard they were stopping in Orlando during their DNA World Tour, I knew I had to be there. I went with a group of girlfriends and we had ourselves A TIME. Song after song, dance move after dance move – the boys still had it. Our teenage fangirling hearts were bursting with the kind of joy that only the Backstreet Boys could bring us.
Did you go to the show in Orlando? Have you seen the Backstreet Boys during their DNA World Tour (or any tour for that matter)? I bet you had some of the same thoughts that I did:
- OMG, I can’t believe I’m seeing Backstreet Boys tonight.
- This fan loyalty is so real – I’VE LOVED THEM FOR 20+ YEARS PEOPLE.
- How is anyone NOT still into boy bands?
- Well HELLO, Nick Carter.
- Ahhhh I used to make up dance moves to this song in my bedroom.
- THE NOSTALGIA. THE FEELS. MY HEART CAN’T TAKE IT.
- Do the Backstreet Boys even age!?!?
- *sings every emphasized Nick Carter solo line*
- I hope we get I Want It That Way tonight, because I definitely want it that way.
- Brian is the cutest with his literal dance moves.
- It’s like we’re back in the 90’s.
- HI NICK, WAVE AT ME PLEASE.
- Millenium was an ERA.
- How many coats can Kevin rock? The limit does not exist and I’m v into it.
- How do I get myself onto that stage?
- I’ll never stop loving BSB. NEVERRRR.
- They’re doing IT. THEY’RE DOING THE ALL I HAVE TO GIVE HAT DANCE.
- Howie. Sweet, sensitive Howie.
- No boy band compares to BSB.
- Eh, wait I don’t really know this new one, but it’s cool I can bop.
- I’m so glad Kevin came back.
- I wonder if they hang out together in real life?
- Back to the throwbacks – yes here we go I KNOW EVERY LINE.
- That wide brim hat is really working for AJ.
- Once a BSB girl, always a BSB girl.
- The Backstreet Boys could be touring at 60 years old, singing without choreographed dance moves, and I’d happily still go see them.