1. Ben and I had a date night at our favorite Thai restaurant in Clearwater: Pattaya. We usually get two orders of egg rolls and an order of the pad thai with chicken to split. I like my pad thai spicy, while Ben likes to flirt with the spice life at his own leisure (AKA he didn’t want the hot spice that night). We opted for pad thai with medium spice, and our waitress brought out extra spice flakes on the side so that I could turn up the heat on my portion. Win, win.
2. It’s funny how hosting a party at your house will immediately make you want to buy things that you’ve had on your home wishlist for a while. You’ve done perfectly fine without having those things, but because you’re “having a party”, you “need to buy them RIGHT NOW”. On our weekend Target run, we picked up two sets of curtains . One set to hang over our living room window and one set to hang over the french doors that lead out to our pool. I also snagged these cute storage bins for my closet. Neither of these items had anything to do with the party, but it was nice to cross them off our list.
3. My social media campaigns have been picking up lately (yay), so I wanted a calendar to help me keep track of due dates. I found a similar one to this one at Target (can’t find the exact print online). I love the full month view.
4. Our Marvel movie journey has been rolling right along. We closed out Friday night by watching Guardians of the Galaxy.
6. The house got a nice and thorough cleanup before our pool party. I even swept our floors. I didn’t even know we owned a broom.
8. I cleaned out the top part of my closet and put my new storage bins to use. My organizational heart is v happy.
9. One of my friends asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding next spring and simultaneously iced me at the same time. I excitedly said YES, then not so excitedly chugged a Smirnoff Ice.
10. Sundays are for binge watching The Office on Comedy Central.
11. I finally ordered the jewelry stand I’ve been eyeing for a while. I can’t wait swap out my bulky jewelry box with something more decorative and minimal.
How was your weekend?