This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #PureTwist #DrinkPure #CollectiveBias
Most people would say it’s been a “hot girl summer,” but I’m happily dubbing summer of ’19 my “White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer summer”. Pool party? Pick a floatie and grab a White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer. Tailgating? Turn up the music and sip on a White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer. Beach bound? Don’t forget the sunscreen and the White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer. This canned blend of seltzer water, gluten free BrewPure® alcohol, and natural flavors has proven to be my drink of choice time and time again all summer long. And you guys thought I was strictly a vodka soda gal (so did I). White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer is owning the bubbly alcohol landscape in many ways. It’s only 100 calories, has 5% alc/vol, and its canned demeanor makes it an easy “grab it and let’s go” kind of drink.
Recently I had some fun creating an elevated way to enjoy White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer outside of the can. Don’t get me wrong – it’s fantastic by itself. There’s just something about pouring these boozy bubbles out of the can, adding a few garnishes, and sipping it from a drink glass on your patio during the summer that just feels (and tastes) so right.
Spicy Grapefruit Fizz
What you’ll need:
- White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 grapefruit
What you’ll do:
- Thinly slice up a jalapeño, setting half to the side to create a garnish later
- Thinly slice up a grapefruit, setting half to the side to create a garnish later
- Fill a cocktail shaker up with ice, add the thinly sliced jalapeño and grapefruit slices into the shaker
- Pour half of the White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer into the cocktail shaker over the contents
- Using a stirrer, gently mix together the jalapeño slices, grapefruit slices, ice, and White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer. The longer you stir, the spicier your drink will become. I like mine to be extra spicy, so I stir it all together for a full minute.
- After stirring, pour into a drink glass while using a cocktail strainer to catch any jalapeño slices or grapefruit remnants
- Fill the rest of your drink glass with the remaining White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer
- Garnish your drink glass with one jalapeño slice, and one grapefruit slice
I’m no bartender, but these Spicy Grapefruit Fizzes sure make me look like I know what I’m doing. It’s the secret of the Claw, y’all.