I’m the kind of girl that likes to be prepared. Blame my over analytical mind or the fact that I have found myself in too many situations where I say “I wish I had a [insert item needed] right now”. This usually leads me to toting a bag full of essentials mostly everywhere I go. The beach is no exception.
No matter where I’ve lived, Clearwater Beach has never been more than 20 minutes away from me. The biggest lesson I’ve learned from spending countless hours on its white sugary sand? If you’re going to have a beach day, then you need to be prepared to have a beach day.
I can assure you that I’m not planning to leave for a while if I’m sprawled out on the beach soaking up some Vitamin D. For that fact alone, it’s crucial that I have a beach bag full of essentials that’ll help me last until sunset.
While digging through my beach bag, you’d absolutely find these things:
- Mobile charger: I keep my phone charged up for a variety of reasons: to play tunes, to capture shots of my suit for the ‘Gram, and for those #nofilter sunset photos.
- Sunscreen & Tanning oil: I have olive skin so I usually alternate between these two things. I’m trying to achieve sun kissed, not sunburnt.
- Chapstick: When ISN’T chapstick in my bag? I have to have it on hand at all times. My lips get chap and burn pretty easily.
- Refreshing facial spray: It’s hot out there y’all. Facial spray usually gives me a quick little “ahhhh” refresh from the sun beams.
- Reusable water bottle: Full of water, and lots of ice. It absolutely has to be bottle that actually keeps my drink cold. No exceptions.
- Snacks: Obviously you can’t last all day at the beach without something to snack on. I love packing a snack in my bag for a few reasons: I won’t have to leave my spot, it’s money saved because I brought a snack from home instead of buying one, and I don’t have to deal with beach crowds at the restaurants when I just want something quick. Cascadian Farm Organic Vanilla Almond Granola is a perfect beach side snack. I pack their granola up in a small container and throw it in my beach bag for easy eatin’ later on. Tampa Bay friends: Cascadian Farm has a cute truck that’ll be rollin’ up to our area soon! When you visit one of their truck stops you’ll be able to sample various Cascadian Farm products. Give it a visit and try the Cascadian Farm Organic Vanilla Almond Granola for yourself. You can check out the truck schedule here to find a truck stop near you.
- Hand sanitizer: I can’t stand when I reach for a snack and my hands feel gross from being beachside. Hand sanitizer saves me every time.
- AirPods or a bluetooth speaker: What’s a beach day without the perfect playlist? Keep it in your ears with AirPods, or share the beats with a bluetooth speaker.
- Sunglasses: Guilty of losing too many pairs of expensive sunnies? Me too. Whenever I’m beachside, I bring a cheap pair to wear.
- Hat: I love a cute beach hat, but listing “hat” as an essential is actually me being practical (for once). When I lay out to tan, I like to cover my face from the sun to avoid too much burn. Hats are perfect for covering your face to shade the rays and provide some relief.
- Hair ties or scrunchies: Nobody likes it when sweat matted hair sticks to their back. Tie that pony up, girl.
- Mini brush: To assist said pony.
- The “just in case we go out” trifecta : Clearwater Beach has an amazing strip of restaurants, bars, etc. I’m positive any beach town does. I like to keep a small crossbody bag, a coverup/romper/or dress, and cute sandals in my beach bag just in case we decide to go out after the sun goes down. Have I mentioned I like to be prepared for anything?
This post has me ready to hit the beach this weekend. How about you? What are some essentials that you always bring to the beach with you?