Last month I had the awesome opportunity to try out one of Tampa’s newest cycleries: Terrier Tri along with Sarah of So Sarah Hunt! We received the invite from our friend Lucielle. I had never been to a cycling class before, and obviously wasn’t sure what I was in for, but I excitedly accepted. Figuring it was a good excuse to burn some calories while trying something new; I visited Terrier Tri after work for their grand opening cycle. These are the very thoughts that ensued:
- I’m equally parts terrified and excited to try this out.
- There are so many different gadgets and clickers on this bike. Why would you need those…?
- Ok, here we go. We’re pedaling. You’ve got this Kahla.
- Wait, we’re switching gears?
- WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.
- I haven’t been on a bike in years – let alone one with switches and clickers.
- Ok, I’m getting the hang of this.
- Switched gears too many times – too hard, too hard.
- This seat and my butt are not friends.
- Hi, no I’m not the “Sansom” he keeps yelling at on the loudspeaker.
- WHY ARE MY STATS NOT AS HIGH AS THEY SHOULD BE. I’M PEDALING TO THE BEAT OF THIS FREAKING SONG.
- I don’t think I’m breathing correctly.
- OMG, if I don’t do better than my previous mile the whole class has to redo this interval.
- Sorry, yes – I am that “Sansom.” But really, I’m now technically a Brubaker so…
- Well, my butt is numb so at least the seat isn’t uncomfortable anymore.
- Is it possible for your heart to pump out of your chest and onto the floor because I’m pretty sure that’s about to happen.
- ANOTHER HILL!?
- Is it a good or bad thing that our scores are displayed on those screens?
- Probably good bc motivating, but man definitely intimidating.
- I’m being yelled at on the intercom AGAIN. *shields face*
- In case anyone is wondering, yes – lululemon leggings are phenom for cycling.
- Clicked the gears too many times again – my legs are flying in circles that are way too fast woops.
- Ok, fixed the gears. We’re good now.
- LAST LAP HALLELUJAH.
- Are my legs still attached? I can’t feel ’em.
- Cycling is officially my new frenemy.
Despite some (OK, MOST) of those thoughts, Terrier Tri was an exhilarating experience! It challenged me from the second I started to the end of our 45-minute workout. Isn’t that what you want your workout class to do for you? If you’re looking for a class that’ll have you drenched in sweat by the end, and one that gives you all of the endorphins – this is for you.
Have you ever tried a cycling class? What did you think of it? Did you find yourself having similar thoughts?